United Way of Williamson County (UWWC) actively collaborates with people and organizations in the community to create positive change in three core focus areas: Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way’s work impacts thousands of people through the local programs we fund. Working with our corporate partners and individuals, we create greater awareness of the needs in our community and the resources available to citizens who live and work in Williamson County.
Resource Development & Donor Relations Manager
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: President/CEO
The Resource Development & Donor Relations Manager pursues prospective corporate partnerships to generate new revenue. This position builds relationships with current corporate partners and secures fundraising commitments. In addition, this individual sets ambitious goals and is an effective fundraiser (analyzing and achieving annual goals).
This position facilitates workplace giving campaigns and fundraising efforts. These campaigns often include, but are not limited to, attending events, speaking at group presentations, judging contests and supporting company efforts.
Primary duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Identify contacts (cold calling) and secure new business opportunities.
- Prepare and analyze reports for setting goals with current corporate partners and new business prospects.
- Research and analyze data for use in reports and presentations for volunteers and other agents of UWWC.
- Conduct group presentations and facilitate discussions with large and small audiences.
- Provide direction and support to employee campaign committees in goal setting, task identification, motivational ideas, scheduling, implementation and recognition.
- Exceptional skills in organization, planning, oral and written communications.
- React to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
- Skillfully communicate with donors, corporate upper management and community stakeholders.
- Work with targeted volunteer/donor groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be committed to quality customer service. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or a combination of directly related college course work and experience may be considered.
Other skills and special requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Database knowledge and experience preferred
- Provide own dependable transportation for fieldwork daily (with mileage reimbursement)
- Flexibility to attend after-hours and weekend events;
- Ability to lift up to 30/40 pounds.
This role is in an office setting with considerable fieldwork involving everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. The position is subject to after-hours and weekend work.
Email resume and cover letter to Pat Hansberry at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through December 31, 2017 via email only.
Candidates who best meet our qualifications will be contacted to continue in the recruitment process.