Invest in Your Community, Give to United Way.
United Way is focused on the building blocks for a good life – a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family, good health, and secure basic needs. With your support we can achieve these goals. Please consider United Way in your charitable giving plans. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when a family becomes financially stable and when people have good health. Join the thousands of people throughout our area who are part of this dynamic movement.
Making a will gives you peace of mind today and leaves a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you. United Way has partnered with FreeWill to give you a free, intuitive way to write your will today. Visit FreeWill.com/UnitedWay to start writing your will at no cost to you.
This tool is free to you whether you choose to include a gift to United Way or not, and can be used to create your full legal will, for free, or begin your plans before seeing a lawyer.
Getting started is easier than you think
- Click on the link above to start writing your will (or make a new one to update yours).
- You can choose to include a gift to United Way of Williamson County (or any other charity of your choice) to leave a lasting legacy (in the drop-down menu scroll to find United Way of Williamson County in the list.).
- Sign your will with two witnesses and you’re all set!
- You can also use the tool to document your wishes and find an attorney near you, if you’d rather.
Go to FreeWill.com/UnitedWay to make your will today. It’s 100% free to you, and it takes less than 25 minutes.
Policy on Voluntary Giving
- Any use of pressure or coercion is unethical and does far more harm to our organization and those we serve than any short-term gains it may produce.
- Contributing to the United Way of Williamson County is an opportunity to positively impact your community.
- The most effective workplace campaigns are the result of employee education about United Way and the value it brings through its partnerships with government, schools, businesses, individuals and other non-profit organizations.
- Payroll deduction allows donors to give as generously as they like by deducting a small amount per pay period.
- These principles are shared with our volunteers and with the companies who participate in employee campaigns.
A How-To Guide for Charitable Giving
United Way of Williamson County understands the impact that charitable giving has on improving communities and helping individuals. United Way also understands how important it is to choose the right organization to donate your hard-earned dollars. As you prepare to make any type of charitable gift, we urge you to follow the simple guidelines below.
View Your Donation as an Investment. Any gift to a charity should be seen as an investment, and you want to invest in a charity that will make a major impact on its recipients while also giving you personal satisfaction. An investment approach to a particular group or cause will ensure a more meaningful experience for you.
Do Your Homework. When selecting where to give, it is important to gather all the facts. Conducting thorough research prior to giving will help you separate legitimate charities from frauds, as well as reassure you that your donation is truly helping those who need it most.