We believe everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family, good health, and secure basic needs. So United Way focuses on what is most needed and what works locally. That’s why we bring together people and organizations from across our community to focus on the building blocks for a good quality of life – health, education and financial stability.
HEALTH – Advancing Health and Wellness
- helping elderly and individuals with disabilities to maintain independence
- assist with care for at-risk children and youth to reach their full potential
- helping families and individuals in crisis to regain safety and personal empowerment
- improving overall health with access to medical, dental and mental health care
Education – Accelerating Learning and Education
- children progress and advance at age appropriate levels
- children and youth are successful in school and advance to the next grade
Income – Expanding Financial Stability
- individuals have the education and training to gain and maintain employment
- adults and children live in safe, affordable and stable housing
- families develop skills and have resources to better meet their basic needs
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting change in community conditions by addressing the underlying causes of problems. Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people are healthy.
United Way’s Community Investment Fund is changing lives. Programs working to improve health, education or financial stability apply annually for funding. The review process is thorough, volunteer-led, and competitive. All decisions are made at a local level. Grants are awarded to programs making significant, measurable change in our community! View our Community Investments.
Living United means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future for all of us. Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.