Free Tax Prep


*Free for households earning less that $66,000 in 2017.


Free Tax Prep appointment scheduling



Free Tax Prep file online button



VITA sponsors strip


If your household income was less than $66,000 in 2017, IRS-certified volunteers will prepare and e-file your tax return for FREE through United Way of Williamson County’s Free Tax Prep Program. Or you can do it yourself with our free tax software. Last year, more than 1,200 individuals and families received free tax prep at one of our sites in Williamson County and 15,000 individuals and families received help in Middle Tennessee. If you have questions, please call 615-830-7940. VITA page


Williamson County Public Library
1314 Columbia Ave
Franklin, TN 37064
HOURS: Mon. 1pm-6pm; Wed. 1pm-6pm; Sat. 9am-12pm
EXCEPTIONS: Free Tax Prep will be held at the Williamson County Enrichment Center on 2/3/18, 3/3/18, 3/17/18 and 3/31/18. Extended hours on 4/14/18 from 9am-4pm.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site follows delayed openings/closings of Williamson County Library and/or Williamson County Parks and Recreation.

GraceWorks Ministries
104 Southeast Parkway
Franklin, TN  37064
HOURS: Tue. 9am-4pm; Thu 9am-4pm
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: GraceWorks follows the Williamson County School delays/closings.

NEW! Historic Triangle School (Fairview)
7120 Westview Drive
Fairview, TN 37062
HOURS: Tue. 3pm-7pm; Sat. 9am-1pm (by appointment only)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site may delay opening or close due to severe weather conditions.

FiftyForward – College Grove
8607 Horton Hwy
College Grove, TN 37046
HOURS: Thu. 9am-12pm (by appointment only)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site follows the Williamson County School delays/closings.

For more locations in middle Tennessee, go to or dial 2-1-1.


  • Schedule C with losses, with more than $25,000 in expenses, depreciation, inventory, home office or self-employed health insurance coverage deduction
  • Farm income
  • Rental income
  • Complicated Schedule D (capital gains and losses)
  • Bankruptcy


  • Photo ID (driver’s license) for both spouses, if filing jointly. Both spouses must be present too, if filing jointly.
  • IMPORTANT!: Original SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS or ITINS for everybody, including children, who will be on your return. We will need the actual cards; not just the numbers. We do not accept photocopies or photos of the cards. (If you do not have your Social Security (SS) card, you will have to contact Social Security office to get a new card before your appointment.) We will accept Medicare cards or letter from the Social Security office. If you are married filing separately, you do not need the SS card of your spouse but you do need to know the SS number because they will ask you for it at the appointment.
  • Income documents: W2s and any 1099s (such as Social Security, unemployment, interest, retirement income, etc.)
  • Expense documents: childcare receipts, education expenses (1098-T), property taxes, mortgage interest, unreimbursed medical expenses, charitable donations, etc.
  • If self-employed: bring all receipts totaled, including mileage which must be broken down by commuting and business miles
  • 1095-A, -B or -C health care statement
  • Direct deposit information (only applicable if this is your preferred method of receiving a refund): bank routing number and account number; do not use deposit slip because the routing number is usually different
  • Last year’s tax return
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons