Free Tax Prep
FREE TAX PREPARATION
If your household income was less than $66,000 in 2018, IRS-certified volunteers will prepare and e-file your tax return for FREE through United Way of Williamson County’s Free Tax Prep Program from January 26 through April 15, 2019. Last year, more than 1,400 individuals and families received free tax prep at one of our sites in Williamson County and over 14,000 individuals and families received help in Middle Tennessee. If interested in volunteering, please contact Im Cashen at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an online volunteer application here.
You can also do your taxes yourself at home and file free by clicking on the “Click Here to File Online” button.
SITES AND HOURS
Williamson County Public Library
1314 Columbia Ave
Franklin, TN 37064
HOURS: Mon. 1pm-6pm; Wed. 1pm-6pm; Sat. 9am-12pm
EXCEPTIONS: Free Tax Prep will be held at the Williamson County Enrichment Center on 2/16/19 and 2/23/19.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site follows delayed openings/closings of Williamson County Library and/or Williamson County Parks and Recreation.
104 Southeast Parkway
Franklin, TN 37064
HOURS: Tue. 9am-4pm; Thu 9am-4pm
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: GraceWorks follows the Williamson County School delays/closings.
Historic Triangle School (Fairview)
7120 Westview Drive
Fairview, TN 37062
HOURS: Tue. 3pm-7pm; Sat. 9am-1pm
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site may delay opening or close due to severe weather conditions.
FiftyForward – College Grove
8607 Horton Hwy
College Grove, TN 37046
HOURS: Thu. 9am-12pm (by appointment only)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site follows the Williamson County School delays/closings.
Spring Hill Public Library
144 Kedron Parkway
Spring Hill, TN 37174
HOURS: Tue. 9am-2pm (by appointment only)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Please check the Spring Hill Public Library website or Facebook page for delays/closings.
Maury County Senior Center
1020 Maury County Park Drive
Columbia, TN 38401
HOURS: Wed. 8:30am-12:30pm (by appointment only)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Site follows the Maury County School delays/closings.
Hickman County Public Library
120 West Swan Street
Centerville, TN 37033
HOURS: 9am-2pm (by appointment only)
DATES: Feb 9, Feb 23, Mar 9, Mar 23, Apr 13
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Please check the Hickman County Public Library Facebook page for delays/closings.
For more locations in middle Tennessee, go to unitedwayfilefree.com or dial 2-1-1.
WHAT WE WILL NOT PREPARE
- Schedule C with losses, with more than $25,000 in expenses, depreciation, inventory, or home office
- Farm income
- Rental income
- Complicated Schedule D (capital gains and losses)
WHAT TO BRING
- REQUIRED: Photo ID (driver’s license) for both spouses, if filing jointly. Both spouses must be present too, if filing jointly.
- REQUIRED: Original SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS or ITINS for everybody, including children, who will be on your return. We will need the actual cards; not just the numbers. We do not accept photocopies or photos of the cards. (If you do not have your Social Security (SS) card, you will have to contact Social Security office to get a new card before your appointment.) We will accept Medicare cards or letter from the Social Security office. If you are married filing separately, you do not need the SS card of your spouse but you do need to know the SS number because they will ask you for it at the appointment.
- REQUIRED: Income documents: W2s and any 1099s (such as Social Security, unemployment, interest, retirement income, etc.)
- REQUIRED: Expense documents: childcare receipts, education expenses (1098-T), property taxes, mortgage interest, unreimbursed medical expenses, charitable donations, etc.
- REQUIRED: If self-employed: bring all receipts totaled, including mileage which must be broken down by commuting and business miles
- 1095-A, -B or -C health care statement (only 1095-A is REQUIRED)
- Direct deposit information (only applicable if this is your preferred method of receiving a refund): bank routing number and account number; do not use deposit slip because the routing number is usually different
- Last year’s tax return
The VITA program is funded under a Grant Contract with the State of Tennessee.